The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 55
Today’s guest is David Leonhardt, economics columnist and soon-to-be Washington Bureau Chief for the New York Times and 2011 Pulitzer Prize Winner. Follow him on Twitter @dleonhardt.
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-5:33: State of the economy
- 5:34-8:22: How much will the economy change when the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act takes effect?
- 8:23-14:09: The impact of tax cuts and increases on the economy
- 14:10-20:02: Politicians are just like Jim Hendry: what is best for the collective is not best for the individual leader
- 20:03-26:43: The White House’s mistakes and the outlook for the 2012 election
- 26:44-34:01: Tax the rich?
- 34:02-36:01: Standard and Poor’s credit downgrade: cause or symptom?
- 36:02-39:11: How much can innovation and education help the economy?
- 39:12-43:14: The future of the American dream
- 43:15-47:20: The upcoming baseball pennant races (and it’s Steven Stills, not Neil Young)
- 47:21-50:00: Bryce Harper and humility in sports
- 50:01-end: Food Pick of the Week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.