The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 54
Today’s guest is Ken Davidoff, national baseball writer for Newsday and acting President of the Baseball Writers Association of America. Follow him on Twitter @kendavidoff.
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-3:00: Ken’s prediction that MLB would not do anything about A-Rod’s poker games
- 3:01-5:06: Is gambling, even non-baseball gambling, a huge potential problem for MLB?
- 5:07-5:59: A-Rod Sexy Poker Spiderman…what’s wrong with that?
- 6:00-7:48: “I think you’re underestimating the stupidity of our species.”
- 7:49-9:13: Why is it so easy to pick on A-Rod?
- 9:14-11:31: A-Rod vs. Jeter
- 11:32-17:12: State of the Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry
- 17:13-21:41: What will the Yankees’ playoff rotation look like?
- 21:42-23:56: Should all baseball writers learn to speak Spanish?
- 23:57-26:49: What should the Mets do with Jose Reyes?
- 26:50-30:15: Do the Mets have too much of an inferiority complex?
- 30:16-35:59: What’s the function of Twitter for a sportswriter?
- 36:00-46:34: Lots of Hall of Fame talk
- 46:35-end: Food Pick of the Week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.