The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 53
Today’s guest is Alan Hahn, New York Knicks beat writer and former New York Islanders beat writer for Newsday. Follow him on Twitter @alanhahn.
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-9:39: The New York Islanders: History of the franchise, and implications of the Nassau County vote to reject a new, government-funded arena
- 9:40-17:31: Massive development projects and their pluses and minuses
- 17:32-20:40: There’s value in building stadiums and arenas that last, then renovating them rather than tearing down
- 20:41-23:49: With Nassau voters rejecting the new arena proposal, what’s the best Plan B?
- 23:50-27:19: Lest we forget: The Islanders may have been the last true dynasty
- 27:20-29:22: Buy Alan’s two Islanders books! Fish Sticks: The Fall and Rise of the New York Islanders and Birth of a Dynasty: The 1980 New York Islanders
- 29:23-33:00: The NBA lockout: Is it ever going to end?
- 33:01-35:32: How do we solve the impasse?
- 35:33-38:44: The owners have incentive to take a hard stance
- 38:45-49:04: Alan and I blow up the NCAA and create a farm system for the NBA!
- 49:05-end: Food Pick of the Week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.