The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 49
Today’s guest is Jesse Thorn, America’s Radio Sweetheart. He hosts the radio show The Sound of Young America on Public Radio and the podcast Jordan, Jesse, Go! at Maximum Fun. Jesse writes about “dressing like a grownup” at Put This On. Follow him on Twitter @YoungAmerican.
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-6:14: Fish out of water: A sports fan among comedians and fashionistas, and a northern Californian in southern California
- 6:15-9:17: The new trend of fashion among NBA players
- 9:18-15:03: Why should men bother to care about how they look?
- 15:04-21:34: It’s hot outside. Can we wear shorts?
- 21:35-23:10: The lost art of mindfulness
- 23:11-28:31: Which menswear blogs can we trust?
- 28:32-36:59: The State of the Union in Comedy
- 37:00-42:03: The San Francisco Giants, championship-caliber team?
- 42:04-47:49: Jesse’s breakdown of Fantasy Fantasy Sports Analysts and other meta-fantasy analysis on Sklarbro Country
- 47:50-49:25: Shared anxiety over losing podcast listeners to our fascinating guests
- 49:26-end: Food pick of the week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.