Skip to content

Welcome!

29 June 2011

Welcome, new readers! Who is Jonah Keri? Find out about me.

You can follow me on Twitter @jonahkeri.

My book The Extra 2%: How Wall Street Strategies Took a Major League Baseball Team from Worst to First was published on March 8, 2011 and is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powells, or your local independent bookstore. The e-book is available via Kindle, Nook, or iBook. The audiobook is available on Audible or iTunes. The Extra 2% has received critical acclaim from Peter Gammons, Joe Posnanski, Buster Olney and many others, and is now a national bestseller.

My new book, Up, Up, & Away, a definitive history of the Montreal Expos, comes out in March 2014 — the 10-year anniversary of the Expos’ move out of Montreal, and the 20-year anniversary of the 1994 strike that wiped out what might’ve been the best season in team history.

You can find all episodes of my podcast here at JonahKeri.com, or

About these ads
16 Comments leave one →
  1. 19 November 2010 6:59 pm

Jonah, very excited about the book. Any chance it will be released on Kindle?

• Jonah permalink*
      20 November 2010 12:14 am

It will indeed be released on Kindle. Thanks for the support!

• 20 November 2010 11:31 am

That’s great. I hope it’s a huge hit for you.

2. 3 March 2011 4:19 pm

Come on, man. Promote Borders, too! We’re awesome sauce.

Eagerly anticipating the book.

3. 7 March 2011 3:16 pm

FINALLY! I pre-purchased 2 copies on Amazon weeks and weeks ago!

Kudos, Jonah. Can’t wait for it…

4. 9 March 2011 11:18 pm

No offense Jonah, but I heard your interview with Jeff Blair. He totally has a man-crush on you! Like hipsters and Wes Anderson you two are!

5. 7 April 2011 5:19 pm

The book is great. The reason I read it is that I listened to one of your podcasts and found out you were/are a Strat-O-Matic guy, which made me very happy since I’ve been one since 1978. I exaggerate a little, for that isn’t the only reason I read your book: your Bloomberg podcast on the Fantasy Draft really impressed me, so I looked at your website, listened to a podcast here, found out you were a Strat-O-Matic guy and decided to read your book. Keep up your good work.

6. 30 April 2011 11:21 pm

I enjoyed your book very much but I was very confused why you only briefly mentioned the possible move of the Mariners to St. Pete. During the 1995 season the Mariners had an unbelievable comeback and saved baseball in Seattle. There were already Tampa Bay Mariners shirts already printed out and Mariners players were looking at houses in Tampa in magazines, so I was wondering why the Mariners recieved such a small mention?

• 30 April 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for the note, Ian.

Honestly, it just came down to there being so many examples of teams almost moving to St. Pete that eventually I had to move on with the rest of the book. But definitely, those were some dark times in Mariners history, and it’s a really good thing that move never happened.

7. 2 May 2011 12:58 am

How often do you go to Seattle?

8. 8 October 2011 7:35 pm

Do you realize you are the only one of the ESPN experts who has a world series team pick still alive (redsox over brewers). One guy picked houston to win the NL central.

• 8 October 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah I saw – loved the Brewers this year. Got plenty of picks wrong too though.

9. 19 December 2011 10:58 am

Jonah – just started reading 2% for the Holidays and it’s a great read so far – also absolutely thrilled to read out your new project on our Expos (Canadian near Montreal) and look forward to it down the road. There remains great hope baseball will continue to grow in Canada at all professional levels. Cheers for the Holidays.

d

10. 4 May 2012 11:01 am

Hi Jonah,

I am curious if your heard about Warren Cromartie’s press conference in Montreal in early April and his efforts to bring baseball back to Montreal. Have you any opinion as to a reality check on the probability that baseball will be back in Montreal in the next 10 years. Do those odds improve if the commisioner is different?

Thanks!