The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 47
Today’s guest is Ted Leonsis, owner of the Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, and Washington Mystics, and author of The Business of Happiness: 6 Secrets to Extraordinary Success in Life and Work. He blogs at Ted’s Take and tweets @TedLeonsis.
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-9:15: The incredible challenge of winning a sports championship
- 9:16-17:30: Drafting well
- 17:31-20:40: Does an owner’s interaction with fans have a tangible impact on revenue?
- 20:41-27:28: Using analytics off the court/ice
- 27:29-29:17: Teams participating in the secondary market for ticket sales
- 29:18-32:57: Benefits and drawbacks of participating in an all-access documentary like the HBO Series 24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the NHL Winter Classic
- 32:58-end: Film + philanthropy = filmanthropy
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.