The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 38
28 April 2011
The topics we cover:
- 0:30-4:54: Changes in fan demographics that result from a band’s longevity
- 4:55-10:09: Indie cred and selling out
- 10:10-12:51: Embracing new technologies
- 12:52-14:47: Death Cab vs. Postal Service
- 14:48-18:23: Social media and new methods of marketing music
- 18:24-20:21: Ben’s marriage to Zooey Deschanel
- 20:22-24:29: Finding a source of angsty inspiration in the Seattle Mariners?
- 24:30-26:55: Ben the stathead
- 26:56-32:06: The intersection of baseball and music, and Ben’s life goal
- 32:07-41:06: Death Cab for Cutie’s upcoming album Codes and Keys, Ben’s favorite ahead-of-its-time band, and the creative process
- 41:07-end: Food Pick of the Week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.