The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 12
My guests this week are Greg Wyshynski and Sean Leahy of Yahoo Sports’ Puck Daddy blog. Greg and Sean head up a team of talented hockey bloggers who cover the NHL with skill and humor.
The topics Greg, Sean and I cover:
- 0:31-3:01: Sexual euphemisms in Star Wars (what, you thought we’d start with actual hockey talk?)
- 3:02-12:09: P.K. Subban’s brash demeanor, and the NHL’s own iteration of the No Fun League
- 12:10-18:46: We need more showboating in sports, not less!
- 18:47-24:21: The Toronto Maple Leafs are the New York Yankees…of the 1980s
- 24:22-26:19: The Toronto Maple Leafs are also the Boston Red Sox…or are they?
- 26:20-29:52: The salary cap’s impact on the NHL
- 29:53-32:32: Lousy GMs exist in every sport, and the growing popularity of advanced stats isn’t enough to stop that
- 32:33-37:30: Did the NHL expand too far, too fast? (Maybe not!)
- 37:31-40:07: Glendale, Arizona: The dumbest of all sports-deluded cities, and that’s saying something
- 40:08-47:00: HBO’s amazing “24/7” special, and why the NHL sucks at marketing
- 47:01-57:34: Biggest surprises of the NHL season to date
- 57:35-end: Food Pick of the Week
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.