The Jonah Keri Podcast, Episode 3
My guest for the third episode of The Jonah Keri Podcast is Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Entertainment.
We also introduced a new feature this week: The Jonah Keri Podcast Drinking Game! Drink every time you hear that damn bird.
The topics we cover:
- 1:47-2:30: Greg’s beginnings working at MGM
- 2:31-5:09: Trying to break into the movie business? Here are a few pointers
- 5:10-7:34: The movie business has become much more corporate – but you still need to forge relationships to make it work
- 7:35-11:10: If it’s all about the money now, how do you find room to make good indie and low-budget films?
- 11:11-17:25: How did IMAX go from documentaries about whales, bears, and seals to Avatar and The Dark Knight?
- 17:26-42:37: Greg and I list our Top 5 favorite movies of all time! CONTROVERSY! (Encino Man narrowly misses the cut)
- 42:38-47:30: You didn’t think we’d go the whole time without at least a little baseball talk, did you?
- 47:31-51:40: Food Pick of the Week
- 51:41-52:50: Check out these awesome IMAX movies coming to a theater near you
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.